Do you have a cluttered office? Are you worried about sensitive data being compromised? If so, you need to declutter your premises and shred your sensitive documents.
Here at ShredPro we are clear in our approach to clutter: A cluttered office is a breeding ground for security risks.
When sensitive documents are not properly stored, they can be easily accessed by unauthorised individuals. This could lead to identity theft, financial fraud, or other serious consequences.
Experian report that identity fraud in the UK increased by 21% in 2022, with losses totalling £2.7 billion. A thorough process to declutter your premises can stop you adding to the statistics.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires businesses to protect sensitive data in a secure manner. The Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees the enforcement of GDPR, says:
“You must ensure that you have appropriate security measures in place to protect the personal data you hold.”
Deleting your unrequired data in a secure way, authorised with a shredding certificate of destruction, can help with compliance. The ICO adds:
“Deleting records that you no longer need, or are not proportionate to retain any longer, is an essential part of a good records management system.”
Shredding your sensitive documents is the best way to protect your data. When documents are shredded, they are rendered unreadable, making it impossible for unauthorised individuals to access your data.
We offer a variety of paper shredding services to fit your needs. We can shred your documents on-site or off-site. We also offer a variety of recycling options, so you can be sure that your documents are disposed of responsibly.
Partnering with a firm like ShredPro with all the correct credentials is vital. With ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 accreditations, we promote environmentally friendly services and recycle all paperwork. We have invested in multi-service shredding vehicles to cut fuel consumption and emissions by taking care of more work at once.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. Declutter your office and shred your sensitive documents today. Contact us for a free quote.
Our Simple Data Security Tips:
- Introduce secure bins and consoles for confidential waste: Before you start your clear out, get the right receptacles for financial documents, legal records, staff records, medical paperwork, invoices, customer lists, bank statements and other sensitive material.
- Give yourself a practical rule of thumb for each item: Does it have a purpose for our business? If not, it should be disposed of in a secure way.
- Consider a clear desk policy: A rewards scheme or friendly competition can focus staff minds to ensure they only have the essentials on their desks or workstations when they finish for the day.
- Provide locks: Get staff to keep personal items organised in a drawer or cupboard, all locked with keys. And don’t forget to keep spare keys.
- With GDPR and data protection laws around on how long you can keep certain documents, produce your company document management process to identify, file and securely dispose of documents no longer needed.
- Promote a positive work environment: Complying with data regulations is not about scaring colleagues. Encourage them to take responsibility in a supportive culture where people are encouraged, not frightened.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our paper shredding services. We are confident that you will be happy with our services.
“ShredPro look after several of our sites throughout the Midlands, they are a professional, reliable and friendly shredding company who provide us with a first-class shredding service. The cabinets that they place around our facilities are secure and blend in well with our surroundings. I would recommend this shredding company to anyone who needs a cost-effective service for their confidential waste needs.”
ShredPro recycles 100% of the paper we shred, all in compliance with the environmental management system ISO 14001. This ensures that our own environmental impact and therefore those of our customer is controlled. All our paper is recycled at local UK mills, again reducing the impact on the environment and investing in the local economy.
Contact us today to learn more about our paper shredding and recycling services and get your free quote.